Proudly serving Indiana, our Methadone clinics provide adults struggling with addiction the ability to recover from heroin, oxycodone, Percocet, and other opiates.
Understanding Addiction & Substance Abuse Recovery
When a person is addicted to opioids, such as heroin, morphine, or prescription painkillers, it can often seem as though there is no escape. The euphoric high and the subsequent withdrawal symptoms that are known to ensue when a person abruptly stops his or her use of these types of substances can cause an individual to remain addicted. The health concerns that can arise as a result of an opioid addiction, along with the ever-present risk of overdose, are what make this type of chemical dependency concern both extremely dangerous and difficult to overcome without the help of professionals.
Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Abuse
However, those who are prescribed methadone, Subutex, Suboxone, or Vivitrol while engaged in a medication-assisted treatment program can successfully combat an opioid addiction. This type of treatment is proven effective and offers the following benefits to those working on their recovery:
- Medications used in medication-assisted treatment are safe and pose no harm to one’s body when taken as directed
- Methadone, Subutex, Suboxone, and Vivitrol are legal prescription medications
- Medication-assisted treatment reduces the risks associated with injection drug use
- Cravings for continued drug use are significantly lessened, thus reducing the risk for relapse
- Withdrawal symptoms caused by opioids are alleviated, allowing an individual to resume a productive life
If you or someone you care about is looking to achieve a life that is recovered, look no further than Indiana Comprehensive Treatment Centers. We are here to help.